【www.5ykj.com - 莲山课件】
Unit 5 Do you want to watch a game show说课稿
Good morning/afternoon, everyone. It is my great honor to have this opportunity to talk about my teaching ideas. Now let me present a teaching plan. I’ll talk about junior high school English “Go for it!” for Grade 8, which was published by Peoples Education Press. Unit 5 Do you want to watch a game show？Section A. My presentation consists of two parts. Part One, the analysis of teaching material, including status and function, the analysis of students, teaching methods, learning methods, teaching aims and demands, important and difficult points of teaching, teaching equipment and teaching periods. Part Two is teaching procedures and blackboard design.
Part One: Analysis of the Teaching Material.
I. Status and Function:
This is the first lesson of Unit 5. The language goals are to talk about preferences and make plans. This is an important lesson in this unit. Such a topic is related to the students’ daily life.
Firstly, I lead the students to be familiar with some names of TV shows. So it is helpful to broaden their cultural horizons, and improve their society sense.
Secondly, I get the students to learn to express their preferences about TV shows. It can help students to attain language skills of listening and speaking.
Thirdly, I lead the students to practice speaking English. By doing this, I can get the students to participate the class activities actively, and learn to co-operate or work together. It will be helpful to raise their learning interests. It will be helpful to develop students’ comprehensive language skills. Therefore this lesson is in the important position of the teaching material.
The main grammar focus is the infinitives in this unit. At the same time, we get the students to review the present tense.
As for oral communication, the students can learn how to discuss the TV shows. Most of our students enjoy watching TV in their leisure time. So they are familiar with some TV shows, especially some talk shows and talent shows on TV at present. This topic is related to their daily life, and easily arouses their interest of learning English.
Language teaching in junior high school must focus on capacity development, especially the students’ language skills and learning abilities, to lay a solid foundation for the students’ lifelong development.
II. Analysis of the students:
The students in Grade 8 have grasped some basic English and basic skills. The main topic in this unit is to talk about personal inventions and their view of something. TV shows, fashion movies, and the students’ preferences about TV shows and movies are involved. Most of the students in Grade 8 are interested in TV shows. So this topic can greatly attract their interests. It can accelerate them to learn English well and enhance their cultural awareness.
Of course, the students’ basic knowledge of English language, their acceptance level of language, their interest in learning English, their positive approach to learning, all can affect their learning effects and our teaching effects. Most of Chinese students are shy to answer questions in English and communicate with others in class. They go short of self-confidence, which results in their insufficient active participation in classroom activities. So, the positive guidance is especially important. The most skilled teachers are good at encouraging and guiding their students.
III. Teaching methods:
In connection with the learning situations of Grade 8 students, it’s important to inspire their interest in learning English. Therefore, we should make a deep study on teaching materials, grasp the former intentions of the textbook, and design teaching methods carefully which is suitable for our students.
1. Adopting the communicative approach: The communicative approach is based on the idea that learning language successfully comes through having to communicate real meaning. When learners are involved in real communication, their natural strategies for language acquisition will be used, and this will allow them to learn to use the language.
2. Adopting the situational teaching approach: to aide the teaching in class with a multimedia courseware, to play their favorite TV shows and movie segments, and to create a context close to reality. So we can make the oral communication more effective, so as to focus on important points of teaching.
3. Adopting task-based teaching approach: to design several small tasks, such as word-matching, dialogue practicing, listening, and lead the students to accomplish these tasks with target language.
4. Audio-visual approach and inductive method can be put to use through the whole teaching procedures to break through the difficult points of teaching.
As we all know, the main instructional aims of learning English in junior high school is to cultivate students’ abilities of listening, speaking, reading, writing and their good sense of the English language. So in this lesson I’ll mainly use Communicative teaching approach, the situational teaching approach and task-based teaching approach. To use these methods are helpful to develop the students’ abilities.
IV. Learning methods：
To arouse the students’ interest in taking part in the teaching activities and in learning English, strengthen their senses of teamwork and team honor, enhance the emotion among classmates, we put guessing game, pairwork and groupworkto use. These activities can help the students to strengthen the target language learning, to inspire student groups to cooperate in learning, to be thirst for autonomous inquiry, to participate in classroom activities actively.
V. Teaching aims and Demands:
1. Knowledge objects
(1) To grasp some new words, such as sitcom, news, soap, educational, plan, hope, find out, discussion, stand, happen, may, expect.
(2) To understand some TV shows, such as talent show, sports show, talk show, game show, sitcom, news, soap opera.
(3) To be familiar the infinitives used as the objectives.
(4) To review the present tense.
(5) To grasp some sentence patterns, such as What do you want to watch?/What do you think of talk shows?/I can’t stand them. /I don’t mind them./ I like/love them. / I don’t like them.
(6) To learn to express preferences with the sentences I love it./I like it./ I don’t mind it./ I don’t like it. /I can’t stand it.
2. Ability objects
(1) To develop the students’ abilities of listening and speaking.
(2) To train the students how to use their own words to express their ideas and opinions.
3. Emotional attitude and value Goals
To foster the students learn to talk about fashionable culture, to know about some TV shows and express their own preferences. We must guide the students to form correct cultural attitudes, notions and beliefs, focus on cultivating students intercultural awareness, lead them to form independent and sane personalities.
VI. Important and difficult points of teaching
Difficult points: The infinitives, especially which are used as the objectives.
Important points: Learn to talk about TV shows and express their own preferences; grasp the infinitives used as the objectives.
VII. Teaching Equipment
Multi-media computer, Tape recorder, Software: PowerPoint and so on. They will be needed in this lesson.
VIII. Teaching periods:
We can teach this unit in five periods.
The first period: Section A, 1a-1c. Lead the students to enter this unit, be familiar with some TV shows and fashion movies, and then learn to express their own ideas and opinions about preferences. Lay the groundwork of displaying target language and learning to oral communication.
The second period: Section A, 2a-3c. Practice dialogues about their ideas and opinions about TV shows with asking and answering, and induce some question forms.
The third period: Section B, 1a-1d. Display some movies, TV shows and some descriptive adjectives, lead the students to learn to express their evaluations about movies and TV shows, and train their listening ability.
The fourth period: Section B, 2a-2e. Read the story of Micky Mouse, know about the cartoon, learn something about western culture, and foster the students’ cultural awareness.
The fifth period: Section B 3a-self check. Do a small survey about movies and TV shows, guide the students to reflect on their preferences, and form healthy habits and develop healthy hobbies.
Part One: Teaching procedures of the first period.
Step One: Lead-in
1. Have a chant to warm up.
Lead the students to have a chant.
Good, better, best,
Never let it rest,
Till good is better,
And better is best.
(Show the words of the song on PPT, lead the students to chorus to warm up before class.)
2. Have a free talk with some students.
Have a free talk with the teacher.
(Guide the students to communicate with each other freely and fluently, to get themselves ready for the new lesson.)
Step Two: Presentation
Show some pictures of TV shows, and get the students to identify them.
Lead the students to learn the names of the TV shows.
(Display some names of TV shows and pictures directly on PPT, guide the students to learn some new words, to enhance straight-forward perception.)
Step Three: Word Practice
1. Read the words in 1a, and match the pictures with the words in 1a. Then check the answers.
(Guide the students to look at the pictures on Page 33 and the words in 1a, get them to match the TV shows with the pictures, to lead them to get familiar with the TV shows in English.)
Step Four: Game
1. Play a short video and ask the students to guess what kinds of shows they can see.
Watch a short video, and guess what kind of TV show it is. (Fast reaction)
(Play the video, get the students to guess, and identify the TV shows, to develop students ability to respond quickly)
2. Play two short videos to present “What do you think of….? ” and learn how to answer it.
Lead the students to watch two short videos, learn how to answer the question form “What do you think of….?”.
(Display the language goal, What do you think of…..? Lead the students to answer the question, break through key sentence pattern.)
Step five: Pairwork
Look at some pictures on PPT, get some students to ask and answer in pairs, according to the pictures on PPT.
(Show some colorful pictures on PPT, guide the students to practice oral communication with their partners, to cultivate the students ‘ ability of spoken English communication.)
Step Six: Listening
Listen to the tape, and finish two tasks.
1. Play the tape, and lead the students to finish off 1b.
(Play the tape for the students to listen carefully, foster their good listening ability of listening for key words gradually.)
2. Play the tape again, and get the students to answer the questions.
(Play the tape for the students to listen, foster their good listening ability of listening for detailed information, to give them targeted advice and guidance.)
Step Seven: Group work
Do a survey according to the chart. Then make a report.
1. Divide the students into several groups, and ask them to interview his /her group members according to the chart.
(Arrange the students to start a group activity, do an interview, lead them to apply English to do things in the situations close to a real lives.
Tell me and I forget; Teach me and I remember; Involve me and I learn.
To enhance the students sense of solidarity and teamwork, develop them students language communication skills and interpersonal skills. )
2. Guide the students to make a survey report.
(The students can display the contents of interview through a survey report to learn to induce and summarize, and to practice spoken English.)
Step Eight: Homework
Make a survey about your family members’ opinions about TV shows and reasons. And write a report about it.
Unit 5 Do you want to watch a game show?
TV shows Opinion
What do you think of…..?
How do you like it?